A Development Tutorial: Chapter 05
|A Development Tutorial: Chapter 5|
|Get the developer tools and try building new content for this game!|
|This Chapter||05: Create a 2-Map Zone|
|More Chapters||Title Page|
Development Kit Setup
The World Map Editor
Create a 2-Map Zone
Monsters, Loot, and Scripts
Tracking Quest Progress
Setup of Scripting Environment
Understanding Quest Scripts
Dialogue: The "SAY" Menu
Floating FA Text
Dialogues vs Scripts
Simple Kill Quest
Mysterious Stranger Perk
Black Jack Game
Black Jack Installation
Step by Step:
- Create second map and add it to the world.
- Launch the Mapper and open a cave map. Save it to a different name. (I used: q_tut1_in) (q for quest, tut1 for tutorial1, and in for inside)
- Launch the WorldEditor, Tools->Map Data Editor (Ctrl+M), Add New Map. Add q_tut1_in, and assign an ID similar to the previous one. (129 for me)
- Tools->Location Editor (Ctrl+L), find the tutorial location (mine had PID 90) and double click to edit it. Add the new map with PID 129 to it. Now it should have 2 maps.
- Save the World (Ctrl+S) and exit World Editor.
- Link the first map to the second one:
- Launch Mapper again and open the first map. (The one that will be accessed from the world map, I named it: q_tut1_out)
- Add some Ent (Entry point) elements, and set their "EntireNumber" to 0. This is where the player will spawn when he enters the area from the world map.
- Add a cave entrance, add the design elements, and add some Exit Grid (EG) element to the cave entrance. (They can be found at Tech panel)
- Edit the Exit Grid's values: set "ToEntire" to 0, while set "ToMapPid" to 129 (the PID of the second map, the cave)
- Now add some more Ent elements close to the cave entrance, and set the "EntireNumber" value to 1. This is where the player will spawn when he exits the cave.
- The first map is set, save it.
- Link the second map to the first:
- Load the second map (cave).
- Add some Ent elements near the cave entrance and set their "EntireNumber" to 0. Here will the player spawn when enters the cave.
- Fill the entrance of the cave with EG elements with values: set "ToEntire" to 1 and set "ToMapPid" to 128 (the PID of the first map, q_tut1_out in my case)
- Save the map and exit the Mapper.
- Try it out:
- Clean, delete world save files, and run the server.
- Your character should be able to enter and leave the cave at his leisure.
Here are my maps: (images here soon)