|Then read some advice about character creation
A PC or Player Character is a character created and controlled by a player using the FOnline client.
A character can be in any of three statuses:
- Online: FOnline Client is connected, and character is in-game.
- Offline: FOnline Client is disconnected, but character is still in-game in a logging out state, so you see text (Off) is shown next to their Character Name. After 3 minutes that character will be completely Logged out and will disappear. But during the 3 minutes, they can be healed, killed, robbed, or get a dose of radiation. See Full logout. So its best not to log out in a public place.
- Logged out: Character has disappeared and is completely logged off from the game world and cannot be affected in any way.
Every character you use should be combat-capable regardless of his role. Even miners, crafters, Lockpick specialists, medics, and Role-Play characters can and should be PvP-ready, even though their intended functions may not be PvP. If you're new and you just want a tough character to explore the map, get into adventures, maybe build a team of friends and communicate on radios, a good PvE build can be a lot of fun for a long time. However, if you plan to use voice chat software and want a perfected fighter character to get into serious team-vs-team fights in New Reno and in Town Control, that uses drugs and every possible advantage, then welcome to PvP.
First decide which type of character you need:
- PvE multipurpose characters designed for player-vs-environment and/or support roles like miners, medics, Role-Play stuff, Crafters, etc.
- PvP elite drug-using fighters designed for player-vs-player extreme combat.
Also, read about your character's Age. If a player has more than one character, these characters are called "Alt"s. There is no cap on how many characters a player can register, but there are rules about logging into more than one at a time (multi-logging).
It is advised to review this Advice for beginners, and More Advice for New Players, as well as other Guides.
|Click on what you need below...or look at some example Builds!