Jump to navigation Jump to search
A Special Encounter (SE) is a type of random encounter. They are much more rare than the standard encounters and they consist of a special map, usually with valuable goods. Generally they can be found anywhere, but specific special encounters won't appear on the zones where they don't fit. For example, you won't find an urban Special Encounter in a desert zone. They can be found many times by the same character.
NOTE: When you find a Special Encounter, you won't hear any chime as you normally do with other random encounters. You'll see the little red lightning bolt, but Special Encounters happen silently.
Known Special Encounters
- A small Hidden Bomb Shelter
A popular SE because it has chance to find items including PPK12 Gauss Pistol or Power Armor
- Spawns non-statted T3 Gatling Laser etc.
- Abandoned howitzer
- Should be a total of 10 Howitzer Shells
- A Family Grave
- 10k caps, a Diamond Necklace, and Spectacles
- Old Warehouse with a working vertibird
- A Factory with several high quality crafting materials
- Two different overturned Nuka-Cola Trucks
- The Ruined Military Bunker is a tough dungeon encounter with good loot, sometimes including Oil Cans, and odd items like a Magic 8-Ball or a Tape Recorder:
- To get the location, first find/click the "dead man under a tree" by searching in desert/mountain areas
- You have 24 hours to access the bunker, as the location gets removed from your map after that
- The enemies outside are turrets, but inside you'll find hostile Robobrains (220HP), Eyebots, and Sentrybots with dual miniguns.
- On the basement level, there is a boss Nemezis robo-tank with over 3000 Hit Points
- Bring friends! Damaged but undefeated robots repair themselves over time.
- Radio distress signals do not appear to work at this location, just as they don't in other SE.
- Injured caravan:
- Gore galore. Lots of dead bodies.
- Some of them have loot, but it's not something uncommon. In my case it was the following items in pristine condition:
- Killing the caravan guard through dialog options gets you pristine condition Metal Armor and Metal Mask
- Robbing him will result in his death where you will also find his lootable armor, but, the robbery grants you a pristine condition, fully loaded M60 and 100x 7.62mm
- Either way, you get 1000 XP
- A Giant Footprint ... Nothing to see there.
- A crashed UFO, alien flying saucer! - can find an Alien Blaster in perfect condition.