A PC or Player Character is a character created and controlled by a player using the FOnline client. Such characters each have their own unique name, whatever build stats the player chooses, and are assigned a unique Character ID by the server upon creation.
A character can be in any of three states:
- Online: FOnline Client is connected, and character is in-game.
- Offline: FOnline Client is disconnected, but character is still in-game in a logging out state, so you see text (Off) is shown next to their Character Name. After 3 minutes that character will be completely Logged out and will disappear. But during the 3 minutes, they can be healed, killed, robbed, get a dose of radiation, or even be pushed off the map. See Full logout. So its best not to log out in a public place.
- Logged out: Character has disappeared and is completely logged off from the game world and cannot be affected in any way.
Every Character should have a combat-capable build regardless of his role. Even Miners, Crafters, Lockpick specialists, Medics, and Role-Play characters can and should be PvP-ready, even though their intended functions may not be PvP. If you're new and you just want a tough character to explore the map, get into adventures, maybe build a team of friends and communicate on Radios, then a good PvE build can be a lot of fun for a long time. You could use the Strong Explorer build for that. However, if you plan to use voice chat software and want a perfected fighter character to get into serious team-vs-team fights in New Reno and in Town Control, that uses Drugs and every possible advantage, then welcome to PvP.
First decide which type of character you need:
- PvE multipurpose characters designed for player-vs-environment and/or support roles like miners, medics, Role-Play stuff, Crafters, etc.
- PvP elite drug-using fighters designed for player-vs-player extreme combat.
Also, read about your Character's Age. If a player has more than one character, these characters are called "Alt"s. There is no cap on how many characters a player can register, but there are rules about logging into more than one at a time (multi-logging).
Click on what you need below...or look at some example Builds!
|Reputation||Hit Points||Carry Weight||Levels|
|Character||SPECIAL · Traits · Perks · Skills · Skill points · Carry Weight · Levels · Armor Class · Reputation · Skins · NPC Factions · Player-Driven Factions · Reroll · Vault-Tec DB|
|Combat||Hit Chance · Critical Chance · Critical Hit · Aimed Attack · Resistances · Hit Points · Death · Miss · Critical Miss · Range · Sight · Fog of War · Shooting|
|Items||Weapons · Armors · Ammo · Resources · Blueprints · Craftables · Books · Drugs · Implants · Miscellaneous Items|
|And Other||Guides · Quests · Jobs · Telltales · Caravans · Caravan cart · Dungeons · Player Farm · Commands · Abbreviations · Merchants · Town Control · Vehicles · Tents · Safe Houses · Bases · Group Encounters · Special Encounters|