|A working VTOL!|
|Sold By||Players sometimes|
|NPC Price||N/A Caps|
Rot Gut w/Upgrade
The best of all Vehicles in the game, for it's speed and rarity. Allows island access. Can sometimes be purchased from players, but cannot be purchased from any NPC. This vehicle can be found in the Old Warehouse, one of the Special Encounters.
NOTE: Vertibirds can still be forced into encounters, even though they fly above ground and the critters they encounter are all on the ground.
Some cars really guzzle fuel, and some last longer on a full tank. On a scale from 2 (best) to 40 (worst), this vehicle's fuel consumption rate is a 40.
Some vehicles are faster and some are slower. On a scale from 60 (slowest) to 200 (fastest), this vehicle has a speed rating of 200.
Vehicles do break down with use, some faster than others. On a scale from 5 (best) to 30 (worst), this vehicle's Deterioration rate is a 10. Use Science to check fuel, and condition. Use a Repair Tool to fix.
Shoot One Down
Bring some Howitzer Shells to Barter Ground, load the big Howitzer gun there, and maybe shoot down an Enclave Vertibird to get into a tough fight with Enclave soldiers and possibly find some Replacement Parts:
- Done via dialogue with an NPC at Barter Ground, with a ~5 minute cooldown if you miss.
- You can shoot at a Vertibird and have a chance to hit. You might miss, but if you hit, the aircraft is forced to a crash landing.
- This creates a public location for all players to see (1-hour timer), populated with 15-25 Enclave soldiers who are very upset.
- Acceptable ammo: bring 1 big shell, or 12 Explosive Rockets instead; both options fire a single shot at a Vertibird.
- Loot you can find at the crashed Vertis' location: Wood, Electronic Parts, High Quality Electronic Parts, Metal Parts, Good Metal Parts, Alloys, Fool's Gold, Broc Flower, Xander Root, Small Energy Cells, Micro Fusion Cells, possibility for statted Weapons/Armor and regular Desert Combat Armor