Introduction to Poo Shoveling
If you want to shovel Brahmin Dung all you have to do is go to the Brahmin pens in any city and start using a Shovel on the excrement you see laying around. If you don't have a Shovel, you can ask the brahmin herdsman for one, they are usually around the brahmin pens.
With your Shovel equipped in slot 1, simply click on some Brahmin Dung to shovel it. If you click your shovel in "USE ON" mode, be sure that your target cursor is yellow and not red. Don't pick up excrement with your hands because you won't get paid for that.
For every pile of excrement you shovel, you'll get XP equal to 24 divided by your level (24/level) (rounded down) and a certain amount of Caps depending on the town where you shovel the poo (see below). So shoveling at Level 1 will get you to level 2 pretty fast.
Don't block the gates for more than a few seconds, or you will likely be shot by the guards.
- You're better off Shoveling Poo in The Hub or Shady Sands. Pens are numerous in those Towns, and they are relatively safe. Plus, you get paid twice as much as in other places.
Location of Brahmin Pens
There are brahmin pens in a lot of Towns. Here is a list of their locations:
- Lander's Point
- Shady Sands, in the outer part of the town, in the western city side. Speak with Jester.
- NCR Train Station. The train station is not crowded, so you should be left alone there.
- The Hub, near the city's main entrance. Speak first with Cleve at the other pens down the street.
- In Junktown there are four pens! Plenty of poo for you!
- Redding, near the South Side entrance, to the west.
- Modoc, near the slaughterhouse.
- Klamath, near the city's main entrance.
- Vault City, in the outer part of the city, above the slave pen, below the Happy Harry shop.
- Gecko, in the middle of the city.
- Broken Hills, at the south of the city's main entrance.
- Ghost Farm, on the outside.
- San Francisco, to the west of the main street.
- Gunrunners in the Boneyard area has a brahmin pen, but you don't get paid to work there.
- For each pile shoveled, you get XP equal to 24 divided by your level (24/level) (rounded down)
- For each pile shoveled, you get a certain amount of Caps:
- The Character who shovels the most poo is listed as the professional Expert Excrement Expediter in everyone's Pip-Boy.