Just like in the original Fallout game, The Hub is a major city. In FOnline: Reloaded, several traders, banking services and Quests are turning this town into a valuable alternative to the huge Shady Sands, the capital of the New California Republic which also includes Hub. Due to Hub's close proximity to new Characters' Starting Location, Hub often has a lot of player traffic. It has NPC Merchants for Bartering goods. It is a guarded town and PvP is disabled, so it is the place where a lot of people gather.
The Hub was originally created by a man named Angus, that later became the first governor of that growing city. Thanks to Harold's caravans, The Hub started to grow and attract a lot of citizens. Later came a war with the water merchants, that were demanding a toll for anyone wanting water in the city. After an agreement, the Hub's council was made, and the town became ruled by several policemen. It is a lawful town that will later be a part of the New California Republic - after the year 2238. The Hub also hosted the impressive "Hub Roleplay Project".
Despite a huge police force sometimes assisted by NCR backup, The Hub is unknowingly hosting the Thieves Guild, a faction that was once led by RP players. The Hub Underground, that seeks to control the Hub and its massive trading profits, is hosted in a basement under the Maltese Falcon bar, but seems quite peaceful or in hiding. (The Steal skill has been disabled in Hub.)
The Hub's Police
The Hub's police leader is Sheriff Hayden. Captain Joe Kelly is assigned to the north beat in Hub. Deputy Feral is a man commonly known to patrol in The Hub in person. He suspects the Maltese Falcon to host the Hub Underground, but isn't able to do something about it by himself. He is on very good terms with Sheriff Dumont at Shady Sands. Deputy Feral is leading a Militia-style police force which is mostly made up of normal citizens who have only light training. They are tough though, and make up for their lack of training with good Weapons and Armor.
- Beginners can earn their first Caps and XP here, from easier jobs and quests.
- Get paid for Shoveling Poo at the brahmin pens near the main entrance.
- Get paid for Lifting Caravan Boxes here too.
- Some of the people populating the caravan area at the main entrance need help finding things. Talk with them to find out what Items they need.
- You can Barter with several merchants at Hub.
- Shop a wide range of goods, including Skill Books, guns, Ammo, Drugs, and good Armor.
- Visit Beth in the Hub Gun Store to browse a selection of standard weapons.
- You can rent Hotel Rooms at the Maltese Falcon.
- The Maltese Falcon is sometimes used for bar-related role-play activities.
- The FLC banking service is located in the Market district.
There are bare knuckle fights inside the Hub arena. To enter, talk with arena manager inside the Maltese Falcon.(Disabled until further notice.)
- Earn 5 xp and advice for giving a piece of Fruit to Shren, the hungry young boy near the entrance. (Repeatable)
- There is an active Workbench in Oldtown next-door to Jacob.
- You can join the Caravans as a guard.
- You can use the Still in the Tannery in Oldtown where Claire buys Rope. Say hello to Roy the Boy too.
- You can speak with a Telltale for some very tough fights!
- Speak with Ron Carnegie and help him find some Books.
- Speak with Captain Joe Kelly about the job doing Pest Control.
- Noe Jr. wants to build a boat, and might ask for your help.
- Speak with Ferrarius about things he needs to do his work.
- Hope the Lounge Singer needs a hero, and fast!
- Doctor Burhnefletch needs help with an important task
- Mick has a dream of reuniting his team of musicians
- Try not to become addicted to DarkWeek's Forest Adventure, a mini-game running on a computer terminal in the Market district. It has a grip on Yuan Shikai!
- Entrance (main gate, north)
- The Heights
- Water Merchants
- No Child Left Behind
- Bring a shovel to Dan (Miniquest)
- Far Go Scout (Starting location quest)
- Iguana Pete's Missing Son
- Investigate for the Sad Wife
- The Gun Runner Delivery
- The Wasteland Band
- Water Merchant Contracts
- Water for the World
- Fuzzy Painting for Risto
- A Light in the Darkness
- An Explosive Situation
- Complete the quest, Into the Great Wide Open, obtained in the Starting Location
- Hello City
- Old Traditions
- Ol' Yeller
- Pest Control
The Hub is located at Grid 31:40 (central southern area).