|« Just a bunch of ghouls clinging tenaciously to the ass-end of life. »
- Wooz, Gecko's bartender.
Gecko was built upon the ashes of Gecko City, a pre-war town. It seems the main town inhabitants are ghouls who escaped from Necropolis when the Master decided to wipe the town. The ghouls fixed the power plant, and tried to trade with and visit the nearest city, Vault City, but unfortunately their neighbors decided to shoot them on sight. Gecko's ghouls then created a power plan that could provide energy to all nearby cities, but due to their ghoul status, they haven't been able to negotiate anything. They have a leader, Harold, who is helped by the town's doctor, Lenny.
- Gecko has a bar called The Harp with a bartender named Wooz.
- You can make some Caps by Shoveling Poo in Gecko's brahmin pens.
- Gecko does not contain many quests.
- You can trade with Merchants here, like Skeeter.
- You can use an Advanced Workbench in Gecko, just north of the corn field.
- The Town Control system makes this town a battlefield sometimes.
- Skeeter can teach you the Small Guns Profession here.
- You can join the Caravan as a guard.
- Gecko Mine is just east of town. It has HQ materials, but beware the geckos inside, including one Fire Gecko in the back.
- Jerome is in the Reactor's Supply Room, but you'll need the proper paperwork to get anything
- Kelvin is also in the Reactor's Supply Room, and is sensitive about how he looks.
- Festus is the self-proclaimed expert on atomic energy, near the Reactor's Control Room.
- South West
Gecko is located at Grid 29:4 (north east area, near Vault City).