|« Yeah, I’m an ugly mutant. I also run this place. You got a problem with that ? »
- Marcus, town's sheriff.
After The Master's death, a Super Mutant named Marcus was wandered aimlessly through the wasteland. He met Jacob, a power-armoured Brotherhood of Steel knight that had sworn to kill all mutants. They fought for a day or two, then became friends, as neither of them were able to kill the other. Wandering together, they attracted a bunch of refugees from the war, and ghouls who had escaped the Necropolis slaughter. They eventually founded Broken Hills, a settlement where every race could live in peace and work the Uranium Ore mine there.
- There is a mine in Broken Hills, where you can mine High Quality Minerals and High Quality Iron Ore.
- Talk with Francis to get Pack Rat.
- You can buy private Mines here, that have both normal and high-quality materials.
- Broken Hills contains quests.
- You can trade with Merchants here.
- The Town Control system makes this town a PvP battlefield many times a day.
- You can rent Hotel Rooms there, in the Residential area.
- You can be hired there, to lift caravan boxes.
- You can be mine Uranium Ore; you can have it refined, for a fee.
- You can explore the Ant tunnels under the city, accessible via two different ladder-wells, one being near the mine entrance.
- You can join the caravan as a guard.
- You can speak with Steve the Greeter, or buy Brahmin from Justin.
- The chemists, Jacob and Aileen have nothing to say at this time.
- South Side
Broken Hills is located at Grid 29:17 (center eastern area).