Hit Points (or HP) define the amount of damage your Character can take before dying.
When your Hit Points reach 0 or just below, you fall on the ground unconscious/knocked down, which means you can only whisper. While knocked down, you are unable to do anything that costs Action Points. When your HP goes to -20 you will die (or -40 with Dead Man Walking). Otherwise your HP will regenerate every 2 minutes allowing your character to stand back up when Hit Points recover to 1 or more.
Hit Points Regeneration
You can recover your Hit Points in the following ways:
- Hit Points regenerate on a 2 minutes time cycle, modified by your Healing Rate
- Medical Items:
- Your First Aid skill, that will heal you depending on the amount of Skill Points in the Skill. There is a cooldown timer that limits how often you can use FA, which is lower as your FA skill is higher. If you have FA 200% for example, you'll do heals for up to 200 Hit Points. The average amount you can heal at a time is based on your Luck. At low Levels, successful use of your FA skill will award you 3 XP for each Hit Point healed.
- Someone else can use their First Aid skill on you.
- You can ask Wasteland Doctor to heal you, which will cost a minimal amount of Caps.
- Using FA while holding a First Aid Kit or a Field Medic First Aid Kit, will yield a higher HP bonus.
Also, having the Medic perk will cut your First Aid timer in half, and being a Field Medic will apply your low timer to whomever you heal instead of to yourself. So a Field Medic can use FA multiple times in a single turn when healing others.
Maximum Hit Points
|Endurance||Hit points per level|
|1||+0 / +1 every other level|
|3||+2 / +1 every other level|
|5||+3 / +2 every other level|
|7||+4 / +3 every other level|
|9||+5 / +4 every other level|
|Endurance||No Lifegiver||1x Lifegiver||2x Lifegiver||3x Lifegiver|
There is a small chance to find Nemean Armor Implants which can be added to a Character up to twice, via irreversible surgery done by a doctor in San Francisco. Implant surgeries costs 100k Caps per implant, and permanently add 10 Hit Points per Implant to that Characters HP.
|Character||SPECIAL · Traits · Perks · Skills · Skill points · Carry Weight · Levels · Armor Class · Reputation · Skins · NPC Factions · Player-Driven Factions · Reroll · Vault-Tec DB|
|Combat||Hit Chance · Critical Chance · Critical Hit · Aimed Attack · Resistances · Hit Points · Death · Miss · Critical Miss · Range · Sight · Fog of War · Shooting|
|Items||Weapons · Armors · Ammo · Resources · Blueprints · Craftables · Books · Drugs · Implants · Miscellaneous Items|
|And Other||Guides · Quests · Jobs · Telltales · Caravans · Caravan cart · Dungeons · Player Farm · Commands · Abbreviations · Merchants · Town Control · Vehicles · Tents · Safe Houses · Bases · Group Encounters · Special Encounters|