Glow is a PvP location with full loot-drop. The Glow, known before the war as the West Tek Research Facility, was founded in 2002 and is located in southern California. It was a facility dedicated to making advanced weapons and biomedical sciences research. Its scientists made, for example, the first Power Armor and the first version of the Forced Evolutionary Virus (FEV) before the virus was moved to the Mariposa Military Base.
During the Great War a nuclear missile exploded on the facility's surface, resulting in the destruction of the FEV containment tanks, releasing the virus into the atmosphere. This turned the whole area into one of the most irradiated locations in California.
Haunted by security robots and deadly due to radiation, this location in FOnline: Reloaded is pretty dangerous for lone travelers. It contains six underground levels that you can access using some old elevators. Rumors say that on the mysterious level 5 you can find pre-war weapons, ammunition and armor.
|The elevators can be confusing. Note that elevator A only spans levels 1, 2, and 3. Elevator B only spans levels 3, 4, and 6, skipping level 5. Elevator C connects levels 4, 5, and 6. So you must use all three elevators in order to get to level 5. Robots guard most levels and regenerate after you kill them.|
|A fighter, a tumbler with high Lockpick skill, and a mule. Cows are useless here due to high radiation. Recommend two Rad-X and maybe ten RadAway per character, plus Super Stimpaks, Expanded Lockpick Set, and repair Tools. Picks and tools break, so bring extra. Plan on fighting the robots multiple times (depending on how long you stay) and bring enough ammo. Does your fighter use a minigun? Then he'll likely need more than 1000 rounds. Radios are handy too unless you are okay using an external comm tool like irc or voice chat. Know how to use concurrent doses of RadAway! Watch your on-screen radiation indocator. You should have a plan so that everyone knows not to get stuck on level 5 with nobody on level 6 with a Tool to fix the generator. Be mindful of the robot regeneration cycle to avoid deadly combat surprises.|
- Serious radiation levels begin as you approach the Glow, even from within two zones.
- Deadly robots protect the interior levels and regenerate and attack you again.
- Access to Level 5 requires temporarily repairing the broken generator on Level 6, and it might break again before you leave.
- Requires concurrent use and multiple doses of RadAway.
- Extended exposure to radiation due to logistical delays: robots, locked containers, and heavy loot loads to carry.
- The zones on the map surrounding this area are populated with Endless Walkers.
- Collisions with other players who compete for the prized loot.
- Sometimes 2mm EC Gauss ammunition
- Sometimes Motion Sensors, Stealth Boys and Pulse Grenades
Sometimes special weapons including Vindicators, pulse weapons, and Gauss weapons Sometimes special armor including: Enclave Combat Armor, Power Armor, and even Hardened Power Armor
- Flares! And access to the most Radiated Advanced Workbench that the wasteland has to offer!
- And more. Go there and find out the fun way!
- The loot list at Glow might be similar to the loot list at New Reno
- The West Tek Research Facility article on The Vault.
The Glow is located at zone 38:51 (south east area), and might be the most southerly permanent site in the game world.